Sesame Seed-Crusted Salmon Burger With Yogurt Sauce
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1 burger and 2 tablespoons sauce
- Calories: 463
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Sodium: 660mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 37g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- 1 (1-pound) salmon fillet, skinned and chopped
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- ¼ cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup sesame seeds, toasted and divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- Combine salmon, spinach, panko, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, ginger, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Form mixture into 4 (3½-inch) patties. Place remaining sesame seeds onto a plate, and dip one side of patties into seeds to coat.
- Stir together yogurt, dill, garlic, and remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Preheat a lightly oiled grill pan over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Cook burgers over medium heat, turning, 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Grill buns, cut sides down, for about 2 minutes or until golden.
- Place burgers on buns, and top with 2 tablespoons yogurt sauce.