I wish you ALL happiness, prosperity, and good mental health this new year!I myself am adamant about starting this new year out right. I’ve been battling depression since early October, and it’s taken its toll on my life. So many trials and tribulations occurred in 2015. I welcome this new year with open arms, new possibilities, and good mental health!
I’m totally open to positivity and approaching 2016 with a new outlook!
Thinking of what I want to address in my new years resolutions, and here are a few of my personal ideas:
- Look for the silver lining when addressing issues
- Reach out to friends and family when necessary
- Download more upbeat music to help combat depressive days
- Positively address my physical health (i.e., losing weight)
- Stay adamant with attending all my mental health doctor appointments
- Schedule appointments to start seeing my therapist again
- Continue writing for my blog
- Continue writing in my daily/mood journal
- Continue on my path of taking my medication as prescribed
These aren’t big-ticket items, but for me it’s a big deal! My main idea is to continue to remain and improve my mental and physical health this year.
I also would like to be more productive when it comes to social media. I’ve fallen off the wagon lately when it comes to social networking. With my depression it has been difficult to want to participate.
Though I want to reach out more, and help others struggling with bipolar disorder. It feels good to be able to help others!
I wish you all the best in 2016!
Keep in mind, if you’re doing resolutions this year try keeping them realistic and achievable.