Seared Steak with Tomato and Blue Cheese Salad
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 3 ounces steak, ½ cup tomato salad, and 1 tablespoon cheese
- Calories: 258
- Fat: 14.7g
- Saturated fat: 5.1
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Sodium: 514mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 27g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- 1½ teaspoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese (about ¼ cup)
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot and almost smoking. Brush steak with 1 teaspoon olive oil; sprinkle evenly with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Add steak to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Place steak on a cutting board; let rest 5 minutes.
- Cut across the grain into thin slices.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper, and vinegar in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add onion and tomatoes to bowl; toss to combine.
- Divide steak and tomato mixture evenly among 4 serving plates. Sprinkle salads evenly with blue cheese.