Healthy Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Sodium: 1300mg
- Protein: 29g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb. flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups broccoli florets (about 2 small crowns)
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- ¾ cup water
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- ⅛ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well-browned, about 6-8 minutes. Once well-browned, remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add garlic, shallot and green onions to the beef drippings. Cook one minute, stirring frequently. Add broccoli and cover for 5 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine water and cornstarch and mix until no longer lumpy. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Add cornstarch mixture and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Remove cover from pan and add sauce. Cook until sauce starts to thicken, about 3-5 minutes. Add beef and stir to combine, cooking an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice, if desired.